Conversion of Foreign License
- Only light vehicle license can be obtained under this system.
- The foreign driving license which is valid for at least 6 more months ahead.
- If the applicant is a foreign national, the Visa should be valid at least a month period from the date of applying.
- If the Driving license and the passport are not in English, the English translations of those two documents, done by a registered translator.
- Medical fitness certificate obtained from a Medical Officer.registered with the Sri Lanka Medical Council on a M.T.A. 31 form, within a period of six months.
- The letter of acknowledgment from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in the event of a person in the foreign Diplomatic service.
- The National Identity Card or the passport with the National Identity Card Number on it, in the event of a Sri Lankan or a holder of dual citizenship.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 August 2011 04:29
Monday, 23 May 2011 04:53