Conversion of Foreign License
- Only light vehicle license can be obtained under this system.
- The foreign driving license which is valid for the conversion date(Provisional driving licenses or learner permits are not accepted)
- If the applicant is a foreign national, the applicanthaving valid visa for more than 06 months period are eligible for applying a Sri Lankan driving license while other having a valid visa for less than six months wil only be issued with a temperory driving license.
- If the Driving license and the passport are not in English, the English translations of those two documents, done by the relevent Embassy/Mission.
- Medical fitness certificate obtained from the National Transport Medical Institute, within a period of six months.
- The letter of acknowledgment from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in the event of a person in the foreign Diplomatic service.
- The passport with the National Identity Card Number on it, in the event of a Sri Lankan or a holder of dual citizenship.
Last Updated on Friday, 04 March 2016 06:39
Monday, 23 May 2011 04:53